Chloe’s Backpack

Chloe’s Backpack

During the summer break, I read a book called Finding Someplace, by Denise Lewis Patrick. The main character in the book is a girl named Reesie,  lived in New Orleans. She was in her house when Hurricane Katrina was coming close to her house. She only had about 5 minutes to pack her backpack full of important things that she needed. She brought essentials, like important papers, food, and her phone. It worked out for Reesie, so maybe if I am in that situation hopefully it will work out for me too!

I drew a picture of what I would pack. I had to put myself in Reesie’s shoes and try to experience what it was like for her. I decided that I would pack a flashlight because when it gets dark outside, it would be pitch black because there wouldn’t be electricity. Secondly, I would bring food, like protein bars and Goldfish. I would avoid fruit because it could go bad, and bugs would swarm me. I would bring a change of clothes in case mine got too wet. I also decided that I would bring my phone, a portable solar battery, and a hair tie in case my breaks or I lose it. I would bring a toothbrush so I can brush my teeth. I would also bring important papers and my wallet. Also, I would bring a first aid kit and a whistle. I can’t even imagine what Reesie had to go through, so hopefully, it never happens to me!

29chloef