Window or Mirror?

Image from Sora

The book that I am reading right now is called The Summer I Turned Pretty, by Jenny Han. It is a book about a girl who always goes to a summer house at the beach every summer, except when she went this year, things were a little different. This book includes romance, friendship, and adventure. One thing that I like about this book is that it always has something happening. Not in a mystery or adventure story, but it never gets boring. It also has some relatable characters/events in it. They are not really relatable for me, but they could be some for other people. For example, Belly’s (the main character) friends’ mom had Cancer, and sadly she got it again. Another thing is that Belly’s parents are divorced. So I really like this book because it’s not all a perfect summer fantasy, and it has some real world problems in it.

A window book is a book that is sort of a window that you are looking through, and seeing another world. For instance, a window book could be about someone who is much older than you, living in a magical world, and a king or queen. A window book is really just something that you can’t relate to. On the other hand, a mirror book is like a book that you can relate to, like you are almost looking at your own life. (Looking in a mirror.) For me, this book is more of a window because it is about a girl who is older than me, and she goes to the beach a lot. I don’t really go to the beach that often, and I don’t really have a desire to always be there like she does. Overall, I think that it was a wise choice that I made the decision to read this book! I would definitely recommend it to my peers.

29chloef