Field Trip to the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences

*photo credit to a DA teacher

This past week my grade class went to the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences in Raleigh. We went to many exhibits, each having their own vibe to them. Each exhibit also was really well put together and was informative in its own way!

We mostly went to the wildlife and the space exhibits. They included live snakes, a waterfall, live insects, meteorite pieces, interactive maps/screens, a 3D printing lab, and a whole lot more! My friend Taylor wouldn’t go near the snakes. I was a little scared, but I still went to check them out. The waterfall was really cool because it led into a pond which we could see into, which had cute little fish in it! The 3D printing lab had a lot of satellite trackers in it, and also a lot of really impressive 3D printed things.

We also walked around the Capitol grounds. We saw a lot of statues. Some we liked, and some we did not like. While we weren’t allowed to go into the actual Capitol building, it was still fun to walk around and see all of the statues. About a quarter of the statues that we saw were of Confederates, but about the other three quarters were of people like George Washington and Vietnam War soldiers. 

29chloef

One Comment